The 2020 International Workshop on Smart Technologies for Intelligent Transportation and Communications
Guangzhou University, China
Venue & Dates:
Guangzhou, China, December 29, 2020 - January 1, 2021
In Conjunction with
IEEE TrustCom 2020
The 19th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom 2020)
Guangzhou, China, December 29, 2020 - January 1, 2021.
Guangzhou University, China
Conferences Pivoting to a Part-Virtual Platform
IEEE TrustCom 2020 – Now Taking Place Part-Virtually
Conferences Postponing-New Date Confirmed
IEEE TrustCom 2020 Rescheduled-Now Taking Place December 29, 2020 – January 1, 2021
Paper Submission Deadline:
August 31, 2020 (Firm Deadline)
September 29, 2020
Camera-Ready Paper Due:
October 29, 2020
December 29, 2020 – January 1, 2021
Just A Few Words
About The Workshop Scope
Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs) are one of the key enablers in the smart community. Therefore, much research has been directed towards VANETs from both industry and academia. The world’s largest automobile companies are continuously striving to introduce intelligence in automobiles through the convergence of cutting-edge sensing, communication, and control technologies. VANETs will allow safe and efficient road overtaking and merging. Future road manoeuvring such as overtaking and merging will be done cooperatively. When vehicles are planning any manoeuvres that may introduce safety issues, they will communicate and coordinate with the relevant vehicles.
Vehicular communications and smart technologies for transportation is a growing area of communications and collaboration between vehicles and including roadside communication infrastructure. Advances in wireless communications are making possible sharing of information through real time communications between vehicles and infrastructure. This has led to applications to increase safety of vehicles and communication between passengers and the Internet. Standardization efforts on vehicular communication are also underway to make vehicular transportation safer, greener and easier. The use of electronic technology for the control of ground transportation systems including, but not limited to, traffic aid systems; traffic control systems; automatic vehicle identification, location, and monitoring systems; automated transport systems, with single and multiple vehicle control; and moving walkways or people-movers.
The use of electronic or electrical components and systems for control, propulsion, or auxiliary functions, including but not limited to, electronic controls for engineer, drive train, convenience, safety, and other vehicle systems; sensors, actuators, and microprocessors for on-board use; electronic fuel control systems; vehicle electrical components and systems collision avoidance systems; electromagnetic compatibility in the vehicle environment; and electric vehicles and controls.
The main objective of all these research and development efforts is to realize a safe, economical, environment-friendly, and reliable transportation system.
Guangdong Hotel, Guangzhou, China: A 4-star hotel （广东大厦）
December 29, 2020 – January 01, 2021
- Vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communications
- Channel modelling, modulating and coding
- Congestion Control and scalability issues
- Protocol design, testing and verification
- Routing in vehicular networks
- Security issues and countermeasures
- Deployment and field testing
- Reducing energy consumption and enhancing safety of vehicles
- Wireless in–car networks
- Data collection and dissemination methods
- Mobility and handover issues
- Safety and driver assistance applications
- Antenna Systems, Propagation, and RF Design
- Signal Transmission and Reception
- Spectrum Sharing, Spectrum Management, and Cognitive Radio
- Multiple Antenna Systems and Cooperative Communications
- Radio Access Technology and Heterogeneous Networks
- Electric Vehicles, Vehicular Electronics, and Intelligent Transportation
- Dedicated short range communications (DSRC)
- Channel models for vehicular networks
- Mobility models for vehicular networks
- Cellular/VANET interworking
- V2X communications and applications
- Interaction between intra-and inter-vehicular communications
- Data traffic offloading
- OBU and RSU communication systems
- Context aware service and applications
- Ultra-low latency and ultra-high reliability communications for road safety applications
- Multi-channel/multi-antenna/multi-transceiver systems for vehicular communication
- Cryptographic protocol design
- Big data security and privacy
- Cross-layer methods for enhancing security
- Jamming and jamming-resistance
- Network coding and security
- Secure routing and network management
- Security and privacy in end-to-end connections
- Security and privacy in VANET
- Security and privacy in mobile ad hoc
- Denial of service (DOS) and Distributed DOS (DDOS)
- Human machine interface (HMI) for smart cars
- Intelligent transport system (ITS) and Telematics
- Advanced Traffic Control and Management, Transportation Networks
- Location information for resource planning and management of radio and networks
- Cellular based positioning and hybrid approaches
- Cognitive Internet of Vehicles
Submission and Publication Information:
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the Easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=smartitc2020 in PDF format. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. A submission is limited to 6 pages for workshop papers or short papers in the IEEE format with Portable Document Format (.pdf). Papers must be clearly presented in English, including tables, figures, references and appendices. Papers will be selected based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation assessed by at least three reviewers. Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work. SmartITC 2020 reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from the digital library and indexing services), if the paper is not presented at the conference. The conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Conference Publication Services (CPS) and will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and EI Compendex. Distinguished papers presented at the conference, after further revision, will be published in special issues of high quality international journals. One or two outstanding papers will be selected to receive the Best Paper Awards.
Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will be published in 20+ SCI & ESCI & EI indexed special issues. Special issues will be shared by co-located conferences (IEEE TrustCom 2020 with Conference Record #50675, IEEE BigDataSE 2020 with Conference Record #50710, IEEE CSE 2020 with Conference Record #50738, IEEE EUC 2020 with Conference Record #50751, and IEEE iSCI 2020 with Conference Record #50694) and associated symposiums, workshops and special sessions.
Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will be published in 20+ SCI & ESCI & EI indexed special issues. Special issues will be shared by co-located conferences (IEEE TrustCom 2020 with Conference Record #50675, IEEE BigDataSE 2020 with Conference Record #50710, IEEE CSE 2020 with Conference Record #50738, IEEE EUC 2020 with Conference Record #50751, and IEEE iSCI 2020 with Conference Record #50694) and associated symposiums, workshops and special sessions;
Here is the list of Special Issues that we will recommend high-quality papers for possible publication *:
(1) Information Fusion (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 13.669)
Special Issue on Data Fusion for Trust Evaluation
(2) Future Generation Computer Systems (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 6.125)
Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence: The Security & Privacy Opportunities and Challenges for Emerging Applications
(3) Soft Computing (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.050)
Special Issue on Data Analytics and Modelling of COVID-19 using Hybrid Intelligence
Submission Guidelines: https://www.springer.com/journal/500/submission-guidelines
Sent the paper to https://www.editorialmanager.com/soco/default.aspx
IMPORTANT: Please select SI: Data Analytics and Modelling of COVID-19 using Hybrid Intelligence ” when specifying the Article Type.
(4) Computer Communications (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 2.816)
Special Issue on Secure Artificial Intelligence in Mobile Edge Computing
(5) Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 2.793)
Special Issue on Blockchain for Peer-to-Peer Computing
(6) Journal of Information Security and Applications (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 2.327)
Special Issue on Trends in Cybersecurity
(7) Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.447)
Special Issue on Secure Smart World (S2World2020)
(8) International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.714)
Special Issue on Machine Learning and Deep Learning Methods for the Applications in Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
(9) IEEE Access (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.745)
Special Issue on Reliability in Sensor-Cloud Systems and Applications (SCSA)
(10) IEEE Access (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.745)
Special Section on Internet-of-Things Attacks and Defenses: Recent Advances and Challenges
(11) Digital Communications and Networks (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 5.382)
Special Issue on Security and Privacy Protection in the Era of IoT Devices
(12) MDPI Sensors (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.275)
Special Issue on Smart Sensors, Big Data Analytics and Modelling in Healthcare and Personalized Medical Applications
(13) MDPI Sensors (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 3.275)
Special Issue on Fog/Edge Computing based Smart Sensing System
(14) MDPI Symmetry (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 2.645)
Special Issue on Symmetry and Asymmetry in IoT and CPS Security and Privacy
(15) International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.151)
Special Issue on Security and Privacy in Internet of Things
(16) International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering (IJCSE) – INDERSCIENCE (ESCI & EI Indexed)
(17) Vehicular Communications (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 4.706)
Special Issue on Technologies for Smart Interactive Modelling, Dimensioning, and Optimization in Communications of Vehicular Networks
(This Special Issue is under application.)
(18) Journal of Computer and System Sciences (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.494)
Special Issue on AI-Driven Security and Privacy on Cloud-Edge Collaborative Computing in the Era of Big Data
(This Special Issue is under application.)
(19) IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 0.449)
Special Section on Blockchain Systems and Applications
(The Special Section link is available soon.)
(20) Digital Communications and Networks (SCI & EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 5.382)
Special Issue on Blockchain-enabled Technologies for Cyber-Physical Systems and Big Data Applications
* More special issues will be available soon.
Papers Submissions Due: August 31, 2020
Notification of Acceptance: September 29,2020
Camera Ready Version: October 29, 2020
Call for Participation:
Welcome to participate in Smart ITC 2020, Guangzhou, China, December 29, 2020 – January 1, 2021. Guangzhou, acity in spring forever, is the capital city of Guangdong Province. Guangzhou is also the third largest city in China, located in the north of the Pearl River Delta, close to Hong Kong and Macau. With evergreen plants and flowers blooming all year round, the city has an alias of “City of Flowers”. Guangzhou is one of the first batch of 24 historical and cultural cities released by the State Council, with more than 2200 years of history and profound cultural heritage, and also a major terminus of the maritime Silk Road. Guangzhou is one of the most famous tourist resorts in China, with a lot of tourist sites, such as Baiyun Mountain, Guangzhou Tower, and Yuexiu Park.The 1st International Workshop on SmartITC 2020 aims to provide a unique platform for multi-disciplinary researchers and teams, industry solution vendors, and government agencies to exchange innovative ideas, challenges, research results and solutions, as well as project experience reports and successful stories.
Guojun Wang, Guangzhou University, China
Valentina Balas, University Aurel Vlaicu Arad, Romania
Muhammad Arif, Guangzhou University, China
Aniello Castiglione, University of Naples Parthenope, Italy
Oana Geman, University of Suceava, Romania
Muhammad Faizan Khan, Guangzhou University, China
Muhammad Shafiq, Guangzhou University, China
Syed Qasim Afser Rizvi, Guangzhou University, China
Tao Peng, Guangzhou University, China
Saqib Ali, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan
SPECIAL ISSUE CHAIRS
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CHAIR
Guojun Wang, Guangzhou University, China
Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam, Aalborg University, Demark
Venki Balasubramanian, Federation University, Australia
Amin Beheshti, Macquarie University, Australia
William Buchanan, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
Arcangelo Castiglione, University of Salerno, Italy
Jinfu Chen, Jiangsu University, China
Lien-Wu Chen, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
Hafiz ur Rahman, Guangzhou University, China
Theo Dimitrakos, University of Kent, UK
Longjun Dong, Central South University, China
Christian Esposito, University of Salerno, Italy
Franco Frattolillo, University of Sannio, Italy
Angela Guercio, Kent State University at Stark, USA
Mohammad Sayad Haghighi, University of Tehran, Iran
Abbas Haider, National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan
Sona Taheri, Federation University, Australia
Bing Tang, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
Shafqat Iqbal, Guangzhou University, China
Muhammad Usman Saeed, Guangzhou University, China
Syed Qasim Afser Rizvi, Guangzhou University, China
Dequan Yang, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
Nicola Zannone, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Deze Zeng, China University of Geosciences, China
Xuyun Zhang, Macquarie University, Australia
Zhangbing Zhou, China University of Geosciences (Beijing), China
Chunsheng Zhu, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Gordhan Das, Menghwar, Sindh Agriculture University, Pakistan
Alinani Karim, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
Mujahid Mohsin, National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan
Hongbo Li, South China Agricultural University, China
Samina Rajper, Shah Abdul Latif University, Pakistan
Charnsak Srisawatsakul, Ubon Ratchathani Rajabhat University, Thailand
Fangguo Zhang, Sun Yat-sen University, China
Yanqi Zhao, Shaanxi Normal University, China
Yunlei Zhao, Fudan University, China
Dan Laurențiu Milici, Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava, România
Ioan Ungurean, Stefan cel Mare University, Romania
Iuliana Chiuchisan, Stefan cel Mare University, Romania
Alexandra Balan, Stefan cel Mare University, Romania
Marius Prelipceanu, Stefan cel Mare University, Romania
Doru Balan, Stefan cel Mare University, Romania
Cristian Aghion, Technical University Iasi, Romania
Marius Hagan, Technical University Iasi, Romania
Adrian Brezulianu, Technical University Iasi, Romania
Mihaela Hnatiuc, Constanta Maritime University, Romania
Octavian Postolache, Instituto de Telecomunicacoes, IT-IUL, Portugal
Muhammad Imran Tariq, Department of Computer Science Superior University, Lahore, Pakistan
Muhammad Waseem Ashraf, Department of Electronics (Physics) GC University, Lahore, Pakistan
Shahzadi Tayyaba, Department of Computer Engineering, The University of Lahore, Pakistan
About The Event Organizers
The registration for the TrustCom 2020, BigDataSE 2020, CSE 2020, EUC 2020, and iSCI 2020 Regular Papers, Workshop Papers, Special Session Papers, WiP Papers, Industry Papers, and Poster Papers has been opened. Please make your registration as soon as possible in order to save money.
General Registration Information
● There are two types of conference registration available (see Table 1).
● For each type of registration, there are two rates. The early registration fee is applied if you register by the early registration deadline of October 29, 2020 . The late/on-site registration fee is applied if you register after the early registration deadline.
● All regular papers, workshop papers, special session papers, wip papers, industry papers, and poster papers will be published in the same IEEE CPS proceedings. In the following, the registration fee, the registration deadline, etc, are applicable to all kinds of papers.
NOTE1: The type of Author Registration: At least one author of each accepted paper must register using the early registration rate to ensure that the paper will be included in the IEEE CPS conference proceedings.The author registration fee must be received by the special author registration deadline of November 9, 2020. If the registration fee is not received by this date, the paper will not be included in the IEEE CPS conference proceedings.
NOTE2: The type of Attendee Registration: If more than one author of a paper will attend the conference, then the above Author Registration fee can cover only one author to attend the conference and the other author(s) who will attend the conference need to make Attendee Registration(s) separately. Those people who do not have papers are also welcome to make Attendee Registrations in order to attend the conference.
Table 1: Two Types of Conference Registration
● Payment of a registration fee covers the cost to attend all keynote sessions and technical sessions, breakfasts, coffee breaks, conference reception and banquet, and all lunches and dinners during the conference. In addition, each registrant will receive a copy of the IEEE CPS conference proceedings in WebPub.
● The registration fee in the above table is the net amount of money to be paid by the registrant to the conference. The registrant is also responsible for paying any service charges due to banking services or any third-party commission fees.
● Authors are allowed 8 pages with basic registration fees for Regular Papers that will appear in the IEEE CPS conference proceedings. Up to 4 additional pages may be purchased at a rate of USD$100 or RMB¥700 per page.
● Authors are allowed 6 pages with basic registration fees for Workshop Papers, Special Session Papers, WiP Papers, and Industry Papers that will appear in the IEEE CPS conference proceedings. Up to 4 additional pages may be purchased at a rate of USD$100 or RMB¥700 per page.
● Authors are allowed 4 pages with basic registration fees for Poster Papers that will appear in the IEEE CPS conference proceedings. Up to 4 additional pages may be purchased at a rate of USD$100 or RMB¥700 per page.
● For IEEE Student Member or Student Non-Member as Attendee Registration, the student must be currently a full time student in a university or an institute. When making the registration, it is required for the student to email the scanned copy of a valid student ID card to GuangzhouConf2020@gmail.com.
● “Paper ID” is the number assigned to your submitted paper by the EasyChair paper submission system.
● You must register through PAYPAL or BANK TRANSFER. Please check “Payment Information” section for more information.
● You can contact the registration chair, Ms. Pin Liu at GuangzhouConf2020@gmail.com regarding invitation letters of conference participation after you have paid the registration fee. We can only provide such letters once your registration fee has been paid. The letters will be provided to you by the local arrangements chair from China. Invitation letters will be issued only to the authors outside the Mainland China.
● Receipt/invoice of the registration fee and the conference proceedings (in WebPub) will be available at the conference venue. We will not send you receipt/invoice/conference proceedings through postal service after the conference.
● This note is for authors from the Mainland China regarding the invoice of the registration fee: 我们收到注册费后，会先将发票开好。因此，当你交纳注册费后，请务必给大会注册主席刘嫔老师写封邮件（），邮件上除了写明论文编号、作者等信息以外，另外还请写清楚有关开具发票的信息：一级法人单位名称和纳税人识别号，发票上的项目统一开具“会议注册费”。
All requests for refunds must be received before November 9, 2020. No refunds will be allowed after this date. There will be a USD$100 or RMB¥700 service charge for all refunds. Please send a cancellation request to the registration chair, Ms. Pin Liu at , using the same email address with which you sent the scanned copy of your registration form.
Ifyou need any help with the registration process, please feel free to contact the registration chair, Ms. Pin Liu:
About Page Size & Paper ID & Final Paper Validation:
(1) Page Size:
Please make sure to set your final paper with page size of 612.0 x 792.0 points (8.5″ x 11″), 2-column.
(2) Paper ID:
Please use “Conference Acronym/Special Session Acronym/Symposium/Workshop Acronym+Paper ID in EasyChair” as your Paper ID.For example, if your paper was accepted in the “BlockchainSys 2020” symposium/workshop, which is associated with the IEEE TrustCom 2020 conference, and if your Paper ID in EasyChair is “168”, then your Paper ID will be like this: “BlockchainSys+168” or “TrustCom/BlockchainSys+168”.
(3) Final Paper Validation:
Since the IEEE PDF eXpress tool is not available at this time for authors to validate final papers by authors themselves, please make sure to strictly obey the formatting requirements as indicated in the IEEE Author Kit to prepare your final papers and submit them through the IEEE Author Kit . If the IEEE Conference Publication Services (CPS) staff found that your paper does not obey the formatting requirements, they will contact the corresponding author of the paper. Please make sure that the corresponding author will check emails frequently, including junk mailboxes. Thanks for your cooperation:
I would like to create my own PDF file to submit.
If you would like to create your own PDF file, please change the setting on your PDF distiller to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications. Basic PDF distiller settings are as follows:
2) Acrobat 5.0 compatibility
3) All graphics at least 300 dpi resolution (higher if preferred)
4) All fonts must be embedded and subset
5) Postscript settings do not override distiller settings
6) Page size is 612.0 x 792.0 points (8.5″ x 11″), 2-column
Important 1: Authors must check their final PDF files before submission to verify that all fonts have been properly embedded and subset. Some font manufacturers now flag their fonts to not embed. These fonts must be avoided.
Important 2: You can submit your final paper multiple times before the deadline (October 29, 2020, with any time zone). The IEEE CPS staff will use the most newest submission.
Please use “The IEEE Author Kit” to submit your Camera-Ready Paper & Copyright Form.
The camera-ready version of your paper must be uploaded through the IEEE Author Kit on or before October 29, 2020 (Firm Deadline) in order to guarantee that your paper will appear in the conference proceedings. Please prepare your camera-ready papers strictly following the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Format with Portable Document Format (.pdf).
Welcome to Guangzhou!
Guangdong Hotel, Guangzhou, China: A 4-star hotel
Special Rate for the Conference
|Room Type||Conference Price|
|Comfort Room with One or Two Beds||RMB390|
|Superior Room/Garden View Room with One or Two Beds||RMB410|
|Business Room with One or Two Beds||RMB490|
* The above hotel fee does not include breakfast, which is RMB40 Yuan for each person.
** We guarantee that you can get a room when you arrive at the hotel if you book now; but, we cannot guarantee that you will get the exact room type since we adopt the First-Come-First-Serve model for you to get a room.
*** The special rate for conference can enjoy the following benefits:
1. Free Wash Set
2. Free Broadband Internet Access
3. Check-out Time is 1:30 pm
Hotel Reservation and Notices
2. Please send your reservation form to Dr. Pin Liu (GuangzhouConf2020@gmail.com). Once you get a confirmation email from Dr.Pin Liu, then your reservation is complete. If you do not get a confirmation in 3 days, please resend your reservation form.
3. Once you have made the hotel reservation, we may not be able to accept any change for another type of hotel reservation.
4. If you do not make hotel reservation before October 29, 2020, you may not be able to use the special rate for the conference when you arrive at the hotel. In the worst case, you can not live in the conference hotel if already fully booked.
Map of Conference Hotel
Guangdong Hotel, Guangzhou, China
Address: 309 Dongfengzhong Road, Guangzhou, China
Visa & Invitation Letter
For entry into China, non-Chinese citizens should apply for a visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the region they live. The simplest way is to apply for a tourist (“L”) visa, which should give you enough time to attend the conference and participate in pre/post conference activities. Please contact the Embassy or Consulate in your region for specific instructions. An invitation letter is not required for obtaining a tourist visa. The regular processing time is 4 working days. Please plan ahead to allow enough time for visa processing.
If you have any problem on obtaining a tourist visa, please contact Dr. Pin Liu (GuangzhouConf2020@gmail.com) to issue an official invitation letter to apply for a business visa. In order to obtain an invitation letter, the following conditions must be satisfied: (1) the letter will be issued only to those who had registered to the conference; (2) the person who requests the letter must fill in the request form for an invitation letter; (3) the completed request form must be sent out to Dr. Pin Liu (GuangzhouConf2020@gmail.com) through the email address with which the author(s) submitted their paper(s) to IEEE TrustCom 2020.